Provider Access Policy
- In accordance with the Baker Clause this sets out the school's arrangements for managing the access of providers to students at the School for the purposes of giving them information about the provider's education or training offer with regard to technical education or apprenticeships. This complies with the School's legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997, as amended by the Technical and Further Education Act 2017.
- A provider wishing to request access should contact Helen Elliot in the first instance.
- There is a biennial Careers Fair, open to all students. Providers are actively encouraged to book a place at this event.
- Providers may provide a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature to the Careers Leader who can then make it available in the Careers Office, which is available to all students.
- Specific requests should be discussed with the Careers Leader.
- Any visitors to the School will be subject to the School’s safeguarding procedures.
- Access will be provided based on meeting the following criteria:
- Students are available to attend, depending on the dates requested in conjunction with curriculum and examination considerations.
- Adequate room[s] and equipment are available, based on existing timetable and examination commitments.
- Staff are available to attend, taking into account participant numbers and teaching timetables, to ensure DBS regulations are complied with.
- Providers are able to present impartial, unbiased and high-quality, age-appropriate content, meeting equal opportunity requirements.
- Providers are GDPR compliant.
- The School will make available audio, visual and other specialist equipment where possible to support careers presentations. This will be discussed and agreed with the UCAS and Careers Coordinator in advance of the visit.
A copy of the School's Careers Policy can be found here.