Year 12 Work Experience 3-7 July 2023
Information for Employers
Introducing students to the world of work can help them understand the work environment, choose future careers or prepare for employment. As such, Bourne Grammar School appreciates the time and effort that employers spend in supporting our students by providing work experience placements.
The School uses Unifrog software to streamline the administration relating to work experience placements.
As an employer, once you have confirmed that you are happy to offer a placement to one of our students you will receive an online form from Unifrog asking you to confirm the following:
Employer initial form
- Employer placement lead name, job title, email address, phone number
- Company's sector and number of employees
- What languages do students need to be able to speak?
- Overview of the placement
- Does the placement and its environment carry any specific health risks additional to a low-risk workplace?
- Dress code
- Is PPE or other special safety equipment required?
- Working hours
- Eating and refreshment arrangements
- Confirm that your Employers' Liability Insurance policy covers work placements
- Insurance provider, policy number, expiry date and upload a copy of the policy
- Confirm that your company has a written, up-to-date and appropriate Risk Assessment
- Confirm that your company has a written, up-to-date and appropriate Health & Safety policy
- Confirm that your company will abide by data protection and privacy law
With regard to Employers Liability Insurance, the Health and Safety Executive states that your existing employer’s liability insurance will cover work placements provided your insurer is a member of the Association of British Insurers or Lloyds so there is no need for you to obtain any additional employer's liability insurance if you take on work experience students. The ABI website confirms this.
Further information on Health and Safety with regard to work experience can be found at https://www.hse.gov.uk/young-workers/employer/work-experience.htm
If you have any queries relating to work experience, please contact [email protected]