Year 9 GCSE Options Evening – Wednesday 27 February 2019
We will shortly be asking Year 9 students, in discussion with their parents, to choose the GCSE subjects they would like to study in Years 10 and 11.
You will have an opportunity to find out more about the Key Stage 4 (KS4) curriculum at the GCSE Options Evening which will be held in School on Wednesday 27 February from 19:00 – 21:00, doors open at 18:30.
The main presentation will take place at 19:00 and 20:00 in the Hall and will explain how options are selected using the Online Booking System. During the evening you will also have the chance to talk with each relevant Subject Leader along with Year 10 students who are currently following courses that may be of interest to your son or daughter.
During the last week of Term 3, Year 9 students and parents will be issued with an electronic copy of the Options booklet, which gives an overview of the KS4 curriculum, details about the options process (including key dates) and specific details about each subject. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the Options process and the subjects on offer so as to make the best possible use of the limited time available on Options Evening.
We do hope that you are able to attend this important evening and look forward to meeting you.
Summary of Key dates:
- Y9 Options booklet emailed to students/parents w/c Monday 11 February
- Y9 GCSE Options Evening Wednesday 27 February 19:00 – 21:00, doors open at 18:30
- Y9 GCSE Options Online Booking System opens Wednesday 27 February 20:00
- Student Review Day (SRD) Friday 8 March 08:30- 18:30
- Online Booking System opens for Subject Teacher Consultation Evening (STCE) Friday 8 March 20:00
- Online Booking System closes for Subject Teacher Consultation Evening (STCE) Thursday 14 March 23:55
- Subject Teacher Consultation Evenings (STCE) Tuesday 19 March and Wednesday 20 March 16:30-20:00
- Y9 GCSE Options Booking System closes Friday 29 March 09:00